The post-treatment swelling that may occur with the Kybella injectable procedure is an inflammatory reaction. Many times, it depends on the dosage a patient receives. But the inflammation differs between patients. The patient can discuss with their doctor about medications that could help resolve the swelling faster.
However, such medication is typically not a part of the Kybella protocol. Motykie Medical Spa, led by caring board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie, provides Kybella injections to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding locations.
When does the Swelling Resolve?
Kybella injection swelling usually peaks at around two to three days and subsides within seven to 14 days after the treatment. The inflammation is more pronounced when the patient has large fat deposits, or it is their first time receiving the treatment.
Kybella offers permanent chin fat reduction outcomes, which will establish within three to four weeks following the procedure. Improvements continue to manifest for up to six months after the injections. Every subsequent treatment will cause less inflammation as the body acclimatizes to the procedures and establishes a higher tolerance.
The patient should be over the worst of the swelling at around two weeks. The swelling occurs due to the inflammation as Kybella works to eliminate the fat cells.
Solutions to Reduce Swelling Faster
Some treatment providers recommend Cetirizine to patients. Cetirizine is an over the counter antihistamine. The treatment provider may ask the patient to take one pill on the day before the procedure and one on the day after the treatment. This may lead to less swelling. After the swelling subsides, the patent will observe fat reduction and tightening in the treated site.
Some injection providers recommend Venus Viva, lymphatic massage, ice therapy, and compression to address the swelling following the Kybella procedure.
Moreover, the patient should sleep with their head in an upright position for the initial few days to ensure that the swelling remains minimal.
Some suggestions to minimize post-Kybella swelling are as follows:
- The patient should ice the swollen area. However, they should not put ice directly on the treated site. They should wrap the ice cubes in a clean cloth and use this to ice the treated area.
- When the patient sleeps or lies down, they should elevate the swollen area higher than the rest of the body enabling gravity to address the swelling.
- The patient can wear as chinstrap, according to the recommendations of the doctor to decrease the swelling.
- The patient should restrict their intake of salt for a few days.
Post-Injection Care Guidelines for Kybella
The patient could undertake the following steps after the Kybella treatment:
- Ice application on the treated site once every hour for 15 minutes or more. The patient should take breaks to prevent frostbite.
- In case of pain or discomfort, the patient can take three to four pills of over the counter ibuprofen or two pills of Tylenol Extra Strength under the doctor’s guidance.
- Wrap the chin and neck firmly using a head wrap. The patient may also sleep with the chinstrap on.
- For the initial two or three nights after the procedure, the patient should sleep with their head in an upright position.
The cordial Motykie Medical Spa, led by the focused cosmetic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie receives patients from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and other towns and suburbs in this part of the southwest for Kybella chin fat injections.
To see more services and treatments provided by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles | West Hollywood and his team please visit: