Detoxify and Rejuvenate with Infrared Sauna Sessions
Dr. Motykie believes that cosmetic enhancement treatments should be about “more than just being poked with a needle or zapped with a laser—it should also be about improving patients’ overall health and beauty from the inside out.” He has strongly advocated for a more holistic, comprehensive approach to aesthetic enhancement that includes advanced Health & Wellness services designed to help his patients look and feel their absolute best.
At Motykie Medical Spa (located immediately adjacent to Dr. Motykie’s primary practice office on the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood, California), we offer a variety of advanced health and wellness options to promote healthy living and improve the quality of life for our patients. One such therapy is the Infrared (sunlight) Sauna—although typically thought of as primarily a relaxing experience, infrared sauna sessions deliver a surprising number of powerful therapeutic and health benefits.
Health Benefits of an Infrared (Sunlight) Sauna
The health and wellness benefits of regular infrared sauna sessions include:
- Cardiovascular conditioning
- Relaxation and stress management/reduction
- Immune system support
- Weight management and control
- Improved pain relief
- Skin cleansing
- Reduction in the appearance of cellulite
- Stabilization of blood pressure
- Amelioration of joint stiffness and pain
- Improved blood circulation
- Faster wound healing
- Improved detoxification
The Importance of Detoxification
According to Dr. Motykie, “Everyone needs to detox from something in life—whether it is food, medications or stress…once that detox is complete, the results of any beauty and/or anti-aging treatment can be more easily optimized for improved, longer-lasting results.” Detoxification can be helpful for people suffering from a variety of diseases and medical conditions, including, but not limited to:
- Digestive Disorders
- Low Blood Sugar
- Heart Disease
- Mental Illness
- High Cholesterol
- Chronic Infections
Infrared (Sunlight) Saunas Vs. Conventional Saunas
Infrared (sunlight) saunas, such as those offered at Motykie Medical Spa, offer a number of advantages over conventional saunas:
- Infrared saunas facilitate detoxification at a cellular level, thus detoxifying the body from heavy metals, such as: aluminum, mercury, lead, and cadmium, and purifying the cells where our body stores harmful toxins and waste products.
- The high core temperature of a sauna causes the body to sweat. Why is this important? Sweating is the body’s safe, natural way to detoxify and heal itself. Sweat pushes toxins out of the body through the pores. By releasing heat, sweating keeps your internal core temperature at a consistent, healthy level.
- Because it operates more effectively at temperatures 60-80 degrees lower than conventional saunas, detoxification from an infrared sauna is 7-10 times greater than that which can be achieved with a conventional sauna.
- In an infrared (sunlight) sauna, the average person sweats out 20% toxins and 80% water, whereas in a conventional sauna the average person sweats out 3% toxins and 97% water.
Contact Motykie Medical Spa
Board Certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie has spent the past 10 years developing and applying an integrative approach to health, wellness, nutrition, and aesthetic enhancement that has set his practice apart from the multitude of profit-driven cosmetic surgery practices. Dr. Motykie’s treatment philosophy transcends the “skin deep” focus on aesthetics, and is centered upon improving the inner health and physical well-being of his patients while simultaneously rejuvenating their external appearance.
If you would like additional information about infrared sauna sessions, or any of our Wellness Services, please contact the Motykie Medical Spa office today. We look forward to scheduling your initial appointment with Dr. Motykie and getting you started on the path to optimal health!