If you’re not quite ready for laser skin resurfacing—and you’re definitely not interested in cosmetic surgery just yet—where do you turn for a gentler, more natural approach to looking younger? Microneedling is a new aesthetic treatment that encourages your skin to revitalize and renew itself naturally. Under the careful supervision of Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie, Motykie Med Spa now offers this revolutionary skin rejuvenation with the Eclipse MicroPen™.
Microneedling is a gentler anti-aging therapy than other forms of skin resurfacing, and by encouraging your skin’s natural production of collagen and elastin, can actually stimulate your skin’s amazing ability to heal itself, reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles, sun spots, scars, and other signs of aging. This incredible, long-lasting solution works in conjunction with your body’s natural rejuvenation process, and greatly facilitates the healing impact of topical creams, gels, and serums by enabling them to penetrate deep into the skin, for healthy, well-nourished, naturally-beautiful skin!
Please contact us, request an appointment online or call us at 310-276-6772 to schedule your visit to our premier med spa serving West Hollywood, Beverly Hills and all of Los Angeles. We will review all of your skin concerns and help you develop a customized treatment regimen personally tailored just for you.
The Motykie Med Spa Difference
- We are proud to be one of the few medical spas in the greater Los Angeles area to offer anti-aging Microneedling.
- Our staff is trained in the latest aesthetic skin technologies as well as the most trusted and proven treatments.
- We focus on proactive wellness, so that microneedling is really just one part of a full health and beauty package available from our aestheticians.
- Our med spa director is Dr. Gary Motykie, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a national reputation for his strong background health and wellness in addition to aesthetic expertise.
Is Microneedling Right for You?
If your response is “YES!” to any of the following questions, the Eclipse MicroPen™ may help improve the appearance of your skin, either on your face or in other areas of the body.
- Do you wish there were a gentler, non-ablative and laser-free approach to skin resurfacing?
- Are you struggling with multiple complexion concerns all at once, such as uneven skin tone as well as enlarged pores or acne scars?
- Feeling unsure about whether you’re ready to commit to laser resurfacing?
- Would you like to improve the appearance of wrinkles and lines without the use of dermal fillers or BOTOX®?
- Are laser treatments not a good option for you because of your darker skin tone?
- Do you prefer an approach that encourages your skin to renew itself naturally?
If your response is “YES!” to any of the following questions, microneedling may help improve the appearance of your skin, either on your face or in other areas of the body.Contact us Today
Microneedling Fast Facts
- Microneedling is also referred to as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), a regimen cleared by the FDA for anti-aging skin treatment and other conditions.
- Microneedling produces microscopic channels in the dermis to help stimulate the body’s natural defenses and produce a thickening of the skin by up to 80 percent. Scars, stretch marks and wrinkles can be visibly reduced with no injections, incisions or downtime required.
- Though principally used for facial rejuvenation, the MicroPen™ can be used nearly anywhere on the body.
- Unlike most other resurfacing therapies, microneedling is generally safe and effective on all skin types and tones.
- Microneedling is a great solution for patients who want to find a happy medium between mild chemical peels and more involved laser resurfacing.
Does It Hurt?
Microneedling with the Eclipse MicroPen™ is a quick treatment that doesn’t require incisions or downtime. You may notice some minimal discomfort during your session, and your skin may look red (like a mild sunburn) or feel warm, rough or tight during the first 3 to 7 days following treatment. A topical hydrating gel is usually applied 30 to 60 minutes before treatment to ensure maximum comfort and to maximize the rejuvenating effects of the treatment.View Our Photo Gallery
How Does It Work?
The Eclipse MicroPen™ utilizes a revolutionary combination of 12 sterile, single-use surgical-grade needle tips which oscillate at high speeds for greater efficiency, comfort, and safety! It is safe for most skin types, and because the pen position is variable, the procedure can be customized to ensure that each patient receives exactly the rejuvenation they require for maximum results. During your microneedling treatment, the Eclipse MicroPen™ is gently moved across the treatment area while the 12 sterile needle tips puncture the skin and create micro-channels deep into the papillary dermal layer where your skin’s collagen and elastin fibers are located. With gentle, automated, reciprocating vibrations, the micro-channels help increase absorption of topical infusions while at the same time encouraging the body’s natural healing response by stimulating collagen production.
The process of microneedling slightly thickens the skin to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scars, and melasma or sun spots. Be sure to avoid sun exposure and retinoids for the period of time indicated before and after your treatment.
For some individuals with more severe skin damage, microneedling can offer deeper skin rejuvenation with the addition of stem cells and/or hyaluronic acid (HA) into the treatment process. The microscopic channels created by the microneedling device enable these naturally-derived substances to penetrate deep into the inner layers of the skin to “jump start” the body’s natural wound-healing capabilities.
- Stem cells: Stem cells found within the plasma of your own blood have powerful growth factors that, once activated and infused into the skin during the microneedling procedure, stimulate the increased reformation of soft tissue to help your body grow new skin faster, offering deeper, long-lasting skin rejuvenation.
- Hyaluronic acid (HA): HA is a vital substance already present in our skin cells, enabling the skin to retain water and stay hydrated for a healthy, plump, smooth appearance. By gently applying a topical HA-based gel to the skin in advance of the microneedling procedure, the microneedling device delivers the gel deep into the layers of the skin as the needles penetrate the dermis.
Following a series of 3 to 6 microneedling treatments spaced approximately every 4 to 6 weeks, you should see firmer, lifted, naturally rejuvenated skin in the treated areas. We will develop a treatment regimen customized to your skin’s unique needs to help minimize pore size, improve the appearance of preexisting scars and reduce the appearance of sun spots and melasma.
Other Treatments to Consider
If microneedling piques your interest, you may also want to consider these compatible treatments to supplement your treatment regimen: