These days you’d have to be living under a rock to not know about the skin smoothing and wrinkle reducing benefits of BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport®, the two most popular and effective neuromodulators on the market today. But did you know that this injectable treatment is not just for wrinkles anymore? Whether you’re hoping to free yourself of frustrating facial lines or take charge of embarrassing excessive sweating due to hyperhidrosis, BOTOX® is a trusted nonsurgical solution available from Motykie Med Spa in West Hollywood.
Neuromodulators such as BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport® are fantastic for improving the appearance of:
- Wrinkles & fine lines
- Frown lines between the eyebrows
- Fine lines above the lip
- Crow’s feet on the sides of the eyes
- Heavy forehead furrows
- Skin bands on the neck
- Hyperhidrosis and excessive sweating
Please contact us or call us at 310-276-6772 to schedule your visit to our premier med spa serving West Hollywood, Beverly Hills and all of Los Angeles. We will discuss all of your skin concerns and strive to offer the best BOTOX® and Dysport® experience in Los Angeles, with beauty treatments tailored just for you.Contact us Today
The Motykie Med Spa Difference
- We provide thorough patient education and the personal attention you deserve in an inviting spa setting. Each treatment is designed to achieve the best possible results.
- Our aesthetic technicians are certified in the use of both Dysport® and BOTOX® Cosmetic to help both men and women erase the signs of facial aging by targeting lines and wrinkles. During your consultation, our experienced technicians will review the benefits of both neuromodulators, and help you select the one that is best suited to achieve your unique aesthetic goals.
- The best neuromodulator results are seen when they are included as just one component of a comprehensive wellness and beauty package that’s customized just for you.
- Each of our treatment protocols have been developed by Dr. Gary Motykie, a highly skilled, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who supervises all services provided at the med spa.
Is BOTOX® or Dysport® Right for You?
If you say “YES!” to any of the following questions, BOTOX® Cosmetic or Dysport® injections may be the perfect match for your skin rehab needs:
- Do frown lines and wrinkles make you look tired and in need of a pick-me-up?
- Do you notice new lines developing or existing wrinkles deepening?
- Would you prefer a noninvasive approach to anti-aging?
- Do vertical frown lines between your eyebrows prematurely add years to your appearance?
- Do heavy brows make you appear angry?
- Do you suffer from excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) in the underarms, hands or feet?
Of course you know it as a powerful wrinkle fighter, but did you know that BOTOX® can do a lot more? Watch our own Dr. Gary Motykie on the Marie Show discussing some of the many additional treatment uses for BOTOX®, including excessive sweating, migraines, jaw pain and more.
BOTOX® Cosmetic Fast Facts
- BOTOX® is an FDA-approved prescription medicine effective for temporarily treating facial lines and wrinkles as well as excessive sweating in the underarms, hands and feet.
- Treatments are performed in-office and usually take less than 30 minutes. Many women and men schedule their BOTOX® touch-ups over their lunch breaks.
- Most BOTOX® Cosmetic patients see visible improvements within 3 to 7 days, with results lasting up to 4 months.
- BOTOX® used for sweating can control excess sweating for over 6 months.
- Maintenance treatments can help you maintain your results.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic can be combined with injectable facial fillers for a complete “Liquid Facelift.”
Dysport® Fast Facts
- Dysport® is also composed of Botulinum Toxin Type A, but is composed of smaller molecules than BOTOX®, so it diffuses more easily across the target areas
- Although not as well known as BOTOX®, Dysport® also has a long track record of safety and efficacy in reducing the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles, and even in preventing the formation of dynamic wrinkles!
- You should begin to see visible results of your Dysport® injections in 2 to 5 days, compared to 5 to 7 days for BOTOX®.
- Studies have also shown that Dysport® has greater staying power than other neuromodulators, meaning that you need less treatments over a certain time period.
- Like BOTOX®, Dysport® offers even more powerful results when combined with other rejuvenation treatments, especially as part of a “Liquid Facelift” with a customized blend of dermal fillers.
Does It Hurt?
Because neuromodulator injections require the use of a needle, we get some patients who are concerned about discomfort. Most of our patients report only minimal discomfort during their BOTOX® Cosmetic or Dysport® injections. We can provide a topical numbing cream to help those with more sensitive skin feel more comfortable during treatment if needed. Side effects are typically mild, including the possibility of slight pain or irritation and bruising at the injection site. We offer tips for bruising control after treatment (see below). Always follow all of your post-treatment instructions in order to maximize your comfort and decrease the likelihood of complications.
How Does It Work?
Both BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport® are made from botulinum toxin, a naturally-occurring organic substance. It works by temporarily blocking nerve signals that cause the facial muscles to contract, relaxing facial muscles to help smooth away dynamic facial wrinkles. Neuromodulator injections are a noninvasive approach to reducing the signs of facial aging.
When used as a treatment for excessive underarm sweating, BOTOX® limits nerve responses in the sweat glands, temporarily reducing or eliminating sweat production in the treated area.
Results are visible very soon after treatment, though neither BOTOX® Cosmetic nor Dysport® should radically change your facial appearance or cause the telltale signs of looking frozen or “done.” This beauty enhancing treatment can lift your brows, reduce wrinkles and fine lines, correct frown lines, and achieve many other cosmetic improvements. BOTOX® and Dysport® can provide long-term anti-aging benefits with repeated treatments over time – think of it as non-invasive preventative aging. In order to maintain your results, it’s best to schedule ongoing treatments spaced a few months apart.
For excessive underarm sweating, BOTOX® can achieve a gradual reduction in sweat production, with most of our patients seeing at least a 50% reduction in sweating. We will evaluate your specific condition and recommend a treatment strategy to ensure that you receive the best possible results.
Other Treatments to Consider
If BOTOX® Cosmetic or Dysport® sound like exactly what you’ve been looking for, you may also consider these treatments in conjunction with or instead of a neuromodulator treatment: