Brown spots, fine lines, wrinkles or other concerns about your complexion got you down? At-home skin treatments and regular facial treatments sometimes aren’t enough to keep your face looking fresh and radiant. We offer a range of chemical peels to help remove dull, dead skin and reveal the younger, brighter skin beneath. Specially designed by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie, our chemical peels are effective skin resurfacing and anti-aging treatments.
Our chemical peels come in a variety of treatment strengths: light, medium, deep, and customized combinations. Requiring little to no downtime and offering impressive beautifying and anti-aging results, our range of custom peels will help reveal your skin’s inner beauty.
Please contact us, request an appointment online or call us at 310-276-6772 to arrange your visit to our luxurious and professional med spa serving all of Los Angeles, including West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and Santa Monica. We will review all of your skin concerns and help you develop a custom action plan with beauty treatments tailored just for you.
The Motykie Med Spa Difference
- Our wide range of chemical peels are chosen with your must-haves in mind. If necessary, we’re equipped to help you target the deeper causes of hyperpigmentation, melasma, acne and more through an advanced health and beauty plan.
- We are committed to providing the best aesthetic treatments and individual skin education, giving your skin personal attention in a comfortable, medically supervised premium medical spa.
- Dr. Motykie’s professional and courteous med spa staff members are highly trained and experienced in the latest treatments for melasma, sun damage, excessive oil production and acne. The latest anti-aging ingredients make our peels a trusted Hollywood beauty secret.
- All of our chemical peels are developed and overseen by Dr. Gary Motykie, a nationally recognized, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who focuses on whole body health and wellness.
Are Chemical Peels Right for You?
If you say “YES!” to any of the following questions, a light, medium, or Cosmelan® chemical peel may help deliver the beautiful results you deserve.
- Does stubborn melasma, sun damage, or the appearance of age spots and acne scars leave you in need of a targeted depigmentation treatment?
- Has the combination of So Cal’s bright sunshine and air pollutants left your skin looking blotchy or dull?
- Does your busy schedule leave no time for complicated treatments with extensive downtime and recovery requirements?
Chemical Peel Fast Facts
- Our peels help reverse sun damage and environmental stress at the cellular level.
- Chemical peels are among the most effective treatments for melasma, a frustrating skin condition resulting in dark brown or gray-brown patches on the face or body.
- Most peels require only one short session in our luxurious med spa, though you may want to have several treatments for maximum effectiveness. The Cosmelan® Peel requires additional at-home applications and a second in-office treatment.
- The chemical peels we perform are compatible with almost all skin types, offering safe and effective rejuvenating benefits without harsh skin resurfacing agents such as TCA or Hydroquinone.
- Peels have minimal side effects and downtime, meaning that you can improve your skin’s health and appearance without giving up the busy life you love.
Does It Hurt?
The chemical peel process is relatively painless, although patients should expect mild side effects such as temporary redness, itching, and light flaking as the skin resurfacing takes place. Especially with the Cosmelan® Peel, you may experience slight burning and a tightening sensation following treatment. Patients with skin sensitivity may be more aware of these concerns, but most report only minor discomfort. We will tell you more about what to expect during your consult. Know that we are committed to making your experience as comfortable and effective as possible.
How Does It Work?
All of our anti-aging peels include customized ingredients for chemical skin resurfacing that are just right for your complexion’s unique needs.
CUSTOM LIGHT PEEL (30min)
Get that gorgeous glow even if you’re always “on the go” with the Custom Light Peel. Every treatment is customized to a target your individual skincare needs. Exfoliate dead skin cells and stimulate cellular turnover to promote production of new collagen and elastin, improve facial tone and texture, restore skin damaged by the sun, control acne and regulate the skin’s pH balance. For optimal results, a series of 4-6 peels, every 2-4 weeks are recommended.
Vi Precision Plus Chemical Peel
THE PERFECT PEEL® (60min)
Dramatic results without the drama! Suitable for all skin types, there is virtually no pain, no skin preparation and little downtime. The Perfect Peel® contains a synergistic blend of powerful ingredients that is highly effective in reducing age spots, acne scars, freckles and hyper-pigmentation (including Melasma). It will also soften fine lines & wrinkles, improve skin texture, clear acne, and stimulate the production of collagen for radiant, younger looking skin. You can expect medium peeling 3-5 days post treatment and final results within 2 weeks.
COSMELAN PEEL (60min)
Want to look like a million bucks without spending it? The Cosmelan® Peel is a superior depigmentation treatment that uses a combination of different reversing agents to decrease melanin production and formation. Suppress and erase away years of sun damage, stubborn hormonal Melasma, acne/post-acne marks and redness. A series of peels may be needed for severe Melasma or other deep pigmentation issues. You can expect heavy peeling/redness 7-14 days post treatment and final results within 6-8 weeks.
After your peel, you can see a brighter, rejuvenated reflection looking back at you from the mirror. Each of our various peels works differently, but most of them require only a limited amount of downtime. For light and some medium peels, patients sometimes report minor side effects such as mild redness or itching. You may see some flaking as skin resurfacing occurs and outer, damaged layers are removed, revealing more beautiful skin beneath. Stronger chemical peels will produce more redness and flaking, which may require more downtime.
Other Treatments to Consider
If chemical peels sound like the perfect solution for your skin problems, you might also want to consider: