If you’re not ready for a series of laser skin resurfacing procedures or skin tightening surgery, you do have another option available. The Plasma Pen is one of the latest innovations in skin rejuvenation and is designed to trigger collagen production to achieve smoother, tighter, and youthful looking skin. Under the supervision of Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie, Motykie Med Spa now offers this innovative procedure for anyone who wants to improve their appearance.
The Plasma Pen is a unique anti-aging procedure that promotes the skin’s production of collagen and elastin. It triggers the skin’s natural healing response to trauma, and the controlled trauma using the pen helps us treat many problem areas quickly. Plasma Pen treatments are especially beneficial for tightening, lifting, resurfacing, and regenerating the skin. This is a powerful and effective treatment option for anyone who wants younger-looking skin without surgery!
Please contact us, request an appointment online, or call us at 310-276-6772 to schedule a consultation at our premier med spa serving patients in West Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Los Angeles. We will review your skin concerns and determine whether you are a good candidate for treatment.
THE MOTYKIE MED SPA DIFFERENCE
- Among the few medical spas in the greater Los Angeles area offering Plasma Pen treatments
- Highly-trained staff that only provide the most trusted and proven aesthetic treatments
- Focused on proactive wellness and anti-aging treatments that help you maintain your natural beauty
- Dr. Gary Motykie is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a national reputation for advanced aesthetic expertise and serves as our med spa director
IS THE PLASMA PEN RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you can answer “YES!” to any of the following questions, you might be a great candidate for the Plasma Pen:
- Do you want to improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles without BOTOX and fillers?
- Are you looking for a non-invasive way to make your skin look younger?
- Do you prefer skin rejuvenation procedures that help your skin regenerate and produce collagen naturally?
- Are you unsure about whether you’re ready for laser treatments?
- Are you concerned about acne scars, enlarged pores, or an uneven skin tone?
- Are you looking for a way to boost your complexion naturally?
DOES IT HURT?
Your face is numbed before the procedure so most people don’t feel much during treatment. Everyone has a different pain tolerance and some areas, such as those with less fatty tissue, may be more sensitive than others.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Plasma Pen device is designed to deliver molecular nitrogen to the skin’s surface. This creates some trauma to the skin, disrupting the fibroblasts on the top layer while heating and disrupting the deeper layer of the dermis with thermal energy. This triggers rapid collagen production and skin regeneration in the treated areas, helping to tighten and even thicken the skin over time.
What makes the Plasma Pen different from other treatments out there is that works on both he surface and deeper levels of the skin. It helps stimulate collagen production naturally and also activates growth factors and fibroblasts.
This procedure can be especially effective for tightening the delicate skin on the upper and lower eyelids, improving the appearance of acne scars, and softening lines and wrinkles around the mouth.
Most patients achieve full results about 3 weeks after the first treatment and progressive results as the skin continues to regenerate and heal. You can expect some downtime, where the skin is red and swollen. You might also experience some scabbing in certain areas. Swelling usually dissipates within three days and scabs will fall off within a week. Dr. Motykie will make a recommendation on the number of treatments you need to achieve the best possible result.
OTHER TREATMENTS TO CONSIDER
If you’re looking for non-invasive skin rejuvenation procedures, we have several other complementary procedure that can enhance your results. Talk to us about: