Eyebrow waxing can quickly and gently define the eyebrow shape for long-lasting results. A majority of beauty salons offer this treatment on the basis of a pre-booked appointment.
Brow bars also offer eyebrow waxing for “walk-in” clients. But it is advisable to choose a qualified med spa for eyebrow waxing, which follows the best cosmetic and medical practices to ensure safe and desirable outcomes for every individual.
The advantage of eyebrow waxing is that it will only take a few minutes to have the eyebrows waxed and the re-growth of the brows will occur only after many weeks. Motykie Medical Spa, led by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie, provides eyebrow waxing to individuals in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding locations across the horizon.
What to Expect
If the eyebrows are groomed well, they frame the face and highlight facial features dramatically. It is advisable to allow a professional to create the brow shape, even if you subsequently maintain this shape at home. Prior to the shaping appointment, you need to grow out your eyebrows until bearable to enable their natural form to become apparent.
The med spa treatment provider removes dark as well as lighter fuzzy hair in one instance through the use of small strips and hot wax which they apply using a narrow spatula or a roller ball applicator.
The provider will make sure that the eyebrows are in symmetry and will place an imaginary line from the nose’s end to the outer and inner edge of the eyes for guidance.
Primarily, hair is eliminated from beneath and in-between the brows. The beautician may also trim the brows from the top to develop a sharper definition. The provider will apply a soothing gel at the end of the treatment to cool and address any redness. They will offer you a mirror to evaluate the outcomes.
In case you require modifications, you can certainly ask the beautician to shorten the length or the brow or make the arch shaper. However, it is important not to get carried away and end up with a permanently surprised appearance due to misshapen brows. A well-trained expert will guide you against this and the hair typically re-grows after a while anyway.
Suggestions for Eyebrow Waxing
Some tips that can make the eyebrow waxing more effective are as follows:
- Ensure that your skin is clean and do not use lotions, moisturizers, and makeup before your eyebrow waxing appointment. If the specialist gets a clean canvas, they will be able to shape your brows more effectively.
- Do not undergo tanning pre and post your eyebrow shaping service. Waxing leads to skin exfoliation which increases the chances of sunburns and may make the treatment more painful.
- In case you are using any skin medications, do inform the eyebrow shaping treatment provider. Some medications such as Differin, Retin-A or Accutane may lead to skin irritation if the skin undergoes waxing. You should ideally consult your doctor if you have any questions or concerns.
- Do not tweeze before the eyebrow wax treatment as you may end up overdoing it. It is best to let an expert give your eyebrows the beautiful shape that you desire.
The astute Motykie Medical Spa serves people from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and other cities and suburbs in this area of The Golden State for eyebrow waxing.
- To see more services and treatments provided by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles | West Hollywood and his team please visit: