Laser hair removal is widely recognizes as the most effective med spa procedure to eliminate unwanted or unsightly hair in any area of the body. Patients should follow a few important tips in order to achieve optimal results with this treatment. Motykie Medical Spa, led by board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie, provides laser hair removal to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding locations.
Prior to the Procedure
- Protect the affected area against sun exposure for a few weeks before and after laser hair removal. Irritated or inflamed skin is susceptible to injury and hypo-pigmentation.
- Do not use any topical hair removal creams or lotions for two weeks before treatment.
- Avoid plucking, waxing, threading, or bleaching the body hair for a month before the procedure.
- Shave off the affected area, but do not use any makeup over it on the day of the treatment.
- Share complete medical history with the med spa hair removal expert.
- Inform the provider about any medications or health supplements that you may be taking. For certain prescription drugs, the provider may alter the schedule in consultation with your physician.
After the Procedure
- Keep the treated area thoroughly clean and dry. Initial redness is natural after the laser procedure, and will fade away in about three days without any need for treatment.
- For soothing effective use a topical cream or gel during the post-op phase. Apply a cold pack if the area continues to feel warm. Make no direct contact with ice or ice packs.
- If your skin is sensitive to histamine reactions, you should avoid anti-histamine drugs, or take them only under the physician’s supervision.
- Do not use cosmetic products that contain multiple chemicals because it may restrain the skin’s breathability.
- Do not pick or scratch the treated parts.
- Avoid using any waxing, plucking threading or hair removal creams between the laser sessions because it can disturb the hair follicles. You may shave, if required.
- Do not expose the treated areas to the sun, and use a sunscreen of at least SPF 30 throughout the treatment. This will reduce the risk of hyperpigmentation.
- The treated hair will begin to shed in a few weeks after the treatment. This is expected, and you can just clean and remove the hair by wiping the area with a wet cloth.
- Apply a medicated powder instead of a deodorant for about 24 hours in case of underarm hair removal.
- Normal bathing can be resumed after the treatment, but very hot showers and steam or sauna must be avoided for about two weeks.
- Do not swim in strongly chlorinated water for at least a week after the treatment.
- Skin exfoliation procedures should be avoided for at least one to two weeks or performed under the guidance of a therapist.
Motykie Medical Spa, led by Dr. Motykie, receives patients from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and nearby areas for laser hair removal.
Click here for Virtual Consultation
To see more services and treatments provided by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles and his team please visit: