Infrared Sauna Therapy
An infrared sauna is a type of sauna that heats your body directly rather than heating the air around your first. Unlike traditional saunas, infrared light penetrates the human tissue and removes toxins under the skin. These are sometimes called far-infrared saunas because of where the infrared rays fall on the light spectrum. Saunas aim to replicate the reactions that you undergo after moderate exercising such as vigorous sweating and increased heart rate. But, if you find it difficult to deal with the heat of conventional saunas, infrared saunas achieve the same results at much lower temperatures. They operate between 90 and 130 F as compared to a traditional sauna that has temperatures between 180 and 220 F. This technology has a variety of benefits such as weight loss and pain relief and is one of the most effective ways to eliminate toxic environmental elements. Many are also looking into this technology as a way to deal with high blood pressure and ankylosing spondylitis.
Infrared Saunas can be found in medical spas located all over Beverly Hills, West Hollywood and Los Angeles. But if you are looking to get the best possible experience, visit Motykie Med Spa. Equipped with state of the art technology and a highly trained staff, your infrared sauna experience at the Motykie medical spa will leave you feeling refreshed and energized.
Benefits of infrared saunas available in Motykie MedSpa:
- Detoxification: Sweating is the body’s natural process of expelling unwanted elements. The sweating induced by infrared saunas are said to be more effective that traditional saunas as, apart from water, you sweat fat-soluble toxins, toxic heavy metals, sulfuric acid, sodium and ammonia. The sauna aims to raise your core temperature by a few degrees. This heating of your core pushes toxins and environmental chemicals out of your body effectively.
- Skin rejuvenation: We are exposed to millions of environmental chemicals everyday that damage our skin. Infrared Sauna technology offers an effective way to heal the epidermis and dermis layer of your skin. It cleanses your pores and helps you achieve clearer and healthier looking skin. Near infrared treatments have also been found to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Relaxation: Stress is more harmful than we realize. It reduces the effectiveness of our immune system and leads to high blood pressure. The heat produced by saunas are found to relieve tension in the body and help you deal with this stress. They are also found to stimulate endorphins in the brain and produce feel good hormones. All this combines to produce a feeling of well being.
- Pain Relief: Infrared Sauna Technology works wonders for those suffering from sprains and muscle spasms. The penetrative heat improves oxygen flow and reduces friction in the joints thus diminishing joint stiffness.
- Weight Loss: Infrared saunas have the ability to burn 400 to 600 calories in just 30 minutes. By replicating the increased heart rate and metabolic rate experienced while exercising, your body works to cool itself and thus burns calories.
- Improvement of Circulation: The heat produced by this sauna penetrates deep into the skin and stimulates blood circulation and allows us to achieve the benefits of a cardiovascular workout. Multiple sauna sessions can even decrease inflammation resulting from intense exercising. The heat also promotes cell regeneration and tissue growth. This cell growth aids in preventing infections and repairing injuries.
To see more services and treatments provided by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie at his Med Spa in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles and his team please visit: