Lips are the most exquisite part of the face from an aesthetic perspective. Aging, environment, and other factors can adversely affect the shape and fullness of the lips. Among non-surgical medspa treatments, only a few may be considered safe and effective in enhancing this sensitive area of the face.
Restylane, Restylane-L and Restylane Silk hold the unique distinction of being the first and only aesthetic products approved by the FDA for lip enhancement in patients above the age of 21. Motykie Medical Spa, led by board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie, provides Restyalne dermal fillers to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding communities.
Restylane family of medspa anti-aging fillers offers some unique features that distinguish it from most other lip enhancement cosmetic treatments:
- Restylane is specifically formulated to provide fullness and improve definition of the lips
- Lip augmentation with Restylane is subtle and natural looking
- Results with just a single treatment of Restylane for lip enhancement can last for up to six months
- Lip lines can be removed delicately with Restylane Silk
- The degree of correction in the lips achieved with Restylane exceeds that of other cosmetic products
Lip enhancement becomes a natural need for many people who suffer loss of lip volume with age, or feel that their shape or proportion of the lips does not adequately match with their unique facial structure. Using makeup has its limitations in hiding such flaws. This is where an experienced medical spa treatment provider may offer Restylane lip enhancement fillers.
Some of the key benefits of Restylane for lip enhancement include:
- Restylane is a biocompatible, non-animal based product, which avoids any need for allergy tests
- The delicate and sensitive skin around the lips can sustain the gentle treatment with Restylane
- Lip enhancement with Restylane can usually be completed in about one hour
- Lip treatment with Restylane can be customized to help the patient achieve the unique look they may desire
- Results can be sustained for up to six months with a single treatment
Restylane lip enhancement products should not be used by patients who are less than 22 years of age and by pregnant women. Motykie Medical Spa receives patients from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and nearby areas for Restylane lip enhancement.
Prior to the treatment, the patient should avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatories or high doses of vitamin E supplements to minimize the risk of bleeding and bruising at the injection site. When the patient is ready for treatment, the provider will first cleanse and prepare the target area for treatment.
As per the pre-determined treatment plan, Restylane, Restylane-L, or Restylane Silk gel will be injected into the targeted areas with the help of ultra-fine needles to achieve the desired effect.
Tips for Recovery
The patient should use cold compresses to minimize swelling around the treated area. Sun exposure should be avoided for several weeks or months. Medications may be prescribed by the provider to minimize the risk of facial cold sore recurrence.
Click here for Virtual Consultation
To see more services and treatments provided by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles and his team please visit: