Med Spa related report from American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Age related signs appear first on the face before they appear elsewhere in the body. If uncared for, they can make a person appear older than their actual age leading to inferiority complex among both men and women. Though there are several anti-aging creams and lotions available as off the shelf products, these do not have desired effect after a particular age as they touch only the top layer of the skin. Plastic surgeons in medical spas provide customized solutions to patients to improve their facial features like sagging skin, puffy eyes, double chin and age spots in Los Angeles and other places around the world. Both invasive and non invasive cosmetic surgeries are carried out on the face to improve appearance and give it a youthful glow.
Growth in minimal invasive plastic surgeries at med spa
According to the recently released report by American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, there has been a growing demand for minimal invasive plastic surgeries by both men and women to improve the aesthetic appearance of the face. The top five minimal invasive surgeries performed during 2014 increased by 4 percent with 13.9 million procedures carried out during the year.
- Botolinum Toxin Type A – This purified substance is injected into the facial muscles to weaken them and reduce contraction which diminishes wrinkles on the face. The growth in demand for this facial improvement technique led to 6.7 million procedures for botolinum toxin in 2014.
- Soft Tissue Fillers – As the skin ages it sags and fine lines appear at different places on the face and to restore this subcutaneous layer soft tissue fillers are used. During 2014 around 2.3 procedures of soft tissue fillers were performed which helped to make lips fuller and to soften wrinkles and enhance shallow cheeks in West Hollywood and other places in United States.
- Chemical Peel Treatments – This procedure which is common in medical spa uses chemical solution to improve facial texture and remove spots, fine lines, freckles and skin pigmentation. Considered as the third most popular non – invasive aesthetic cosmetic procedure its demand has increased by 7 percent since 2013 and 1.2 million procedures were carried out in 2014.
- Laser hair removal – During this non – invasive surgical procedure highly concentrated laser light is splayed on specific areas of the skin to damage hair follicle and stop future growth in that area. This treatment requires the skill and experience of an experienced plastic surgeon who knows where and for how long the laser should be concentrated in a particular area. This popular procedure was performed on around 1 million patients during 2014 showing a growth of 3 percent since 2013.
- Microdermabrasion – During this procedure the skin is rejuvenated using a gently abrasive instrument to remove thick outer layer of the face for treatment of scarring and discoloration. During 2014 around 881905 procedures for microdermabrasion were performed in United States on both men and women. These procedures when carried out at a MedSpa under the skilled hand of cosmetic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie will produce long term results. In Beverly Hills Spa’s carry out microdermabrasion to cure facial imperfections like age spots, hyper-pigmentation, reduce enlarged pores, exfoliate skin and treat acne scars.
To see more services and treatments provided by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie at his Med Spa in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles and his team please visit: