What Is Intravenous (IV) Infusion Therapy?
Intravenous therapies allow patients with compromised digestive abilities to absorb vital nutrients they need to keep their body functioning at optimal capacity and to help those with weakened immune systems heal more quickly from illnesses and injuries. By circumventing the gut, intravenous (IV) therapies allow medicine to directly and quickly enter the blood stream, and can deliver therapeutic dosing and higher concentrations of crucial nutrients than oral supplements can provide, making this therapeutic option the most streamlined method for treating nutritional shortcomings.
In general, IV therapy is ideally suited for patients needing extra nutrients to strengthen their body’s immune system while creating an environment that is inhospitable to cancer, viruses, bacteria and fungi. Intravenous infusion therapy can also help rejuvenate damaged tissue by efficiently delivering the ingredients the body needs to repair itself.
Esteemed, Board Certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie has spent the past 10 years dedicated to designing an integrative approach to health, wellness, nutrition, and cosmetic enhancement surgery that has set his practice apart from the multitude of cosmetic surgery practices. Dr. Motykie focuses on what patients truly need to achieve optimal health and wellness. At Motykyie Medical Spa, we are pleased to offer IV infusion therapy to facilitate a better quality of life and optimal health for our patients through the non-surgical administration of vital nutrients directly (intravenously) into the patient’s bloodstream.
When performing IV infusion therapy, we have found that the best results can be obtained when patients come in for 1-2 treatments prior to surgery and 1-2 treatments after their surgical procedure, as this treatment protocol helps to strengthen the body and prepare it to face the formidable task of repairing and healing the skin and connective tissues after surgery.
IV Infusion Therapy Benefits
IV therapy provides a targeted treatment for a variety of medical conditions and offers numerous health benefits, including:
- Expedited wound healing
- Boosted immune system functioning
- Increase in the patient’s energy and focus
- IV therapy has also proven helpful in the treatment of a variety of problematic health conditions, such as:
- Poor concentration
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Influenza and colds
- Leaky gut
- Heavy metal toxicity
- IV therapy can serve as a supportive therapy performed in conjunction with traditional treatments for patients suffering from heart disease, cancer, head injury, and/or autoimmune disease.
- IV infusion therapy is commonly utilized to relieve symptoms from chronic medical conditions such as: allergies, chronic fatigue, pain, and asthma.
IV Infusion Therapy Options
At Motykie Medical Spa, located in West Hollywood, CA, we are pleased to offer customized
IV treatment protocols that best fulfill your medical and health-related needs. Our most powerful and popular IV therapies are the Multivitamin Mineral Cocktail (a.k.a. Myers’ Cocktail), and our one-of-a-kind, customizable Tissue and Wound Healing Cocktail.
Tissue and Wound Healing Cocktail
Although loosely based off a previous formula, Motykie Med Spa improved upon the original Tissue and Wound Healing IV cocktail formulation, changing some of the dosages and adding ingredients he knew would facilitate successful and rapid post-operative healing:
- This cutting-edge formula contains vitamins and nutrients that are crucial to the healing process and particularly well-suited to expedite the recovery process for post-operative patients, such as: zinc concentrate, magnesium sulfate, selenium, pyridoxine, B-complex 100, ascorbic acid, glutathione, .45% saline, taurine, proline, dexpanthenol.
- Zinc, Selenium, and Magnesium are widely recognized for their wound healing properties
- Anti-oxidants decrease the wound healing burden on the body
- B-vitamins promote energy during the healing phase and promote blood cell production.
Dr. Tsai’s Tissue and Wound Healing IV therapy cocktail typically takes approximately one hour to complete and does not require any post-treatment downtime. This IV therapy is often recommended for post-operative patients one week after their surgery, as this time frame serves to minimize complications and optimize the efficacy of the treatment. By expediting the rate of wound healing, patients are able to resume their normal activities and minimize the interruption to their daily lives.
What is the Myers’ Cocktail?
Pioneered by the late Dr. John Myers, the Myers’ Cocktail (a.k.a. Multivitamin Mineral Cocktail) is a formula of intravenous vitamins and minerals such as: Vitamin C, magnesium, calcium, and B-vitamins (including B12). These essential vitamins are delivered via a slow IV push or gradual infusion to achieve optimal concentrations of nutrients that would be impossible to attain through oral administration/ingestion alone.
Potential Benefits of the Myers’ Cocktail
- Delivers essential nutrients to improve athletic recovery after injury, relax the nerves, energize the body, treat gastrointestinal dysfunction, and strengthen the immune system
- The Myers’ Cocktail may be clinically effective against:
- Acute asthma attacks
- Fatigue (including chronic fatigue syndrome)
- Chronic sinusitis
- Seasonal allergies
- Acute muscular spasms
- Chronic anxiety/depression
Contact Motykie Medical Spa
Board Certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie has spent the past 10 years developing and applying an integrative approach to health, wellness, nutrition, and aesthetic enhancement that has set his practice apart from the multitude of profit-driven cosmetic surgery practices. Dr. Motykie’s treatment philosophy transcends the “skin deep” focus on aesthetics, and is centered upon improving the inner health and physical well-being of his patients while simultaneously rejuvenating their external appearance.
If you would like additional information about the revitalizing and healing effects of our IV infusion therapy treatments (Myers’ Cocktail, Tissue and Wound Healing Cocktail) or any of our Wellness Services, please contact the Motykie Medical Spa office today. We look forward to scheduling your initial appointment with Dr. Motykie and getting you started on the path to optimal health!