[dynamic-sidebar id=’right-sidebar’]We know what you’re probably saying: what’s a pixel? A pixel is a small point or dot, and Pixel laser skin resurfacing works by creating microscopic dots of rejuvenated skin. But you wanted all of your skin rejuvenated! Don’t fear – these dots then activate your skin’s own natural healing response to create improved skin tone throughout the treated area with less downtime than traditional resurfacing treatments.
Pixel rejuvenation can work wonders on:
- Wrinkles and lines
- Years of sun damage
- Enlarged pores
- Sagging skin
- Acne and minor scars
- Stretch marks
- Other skin blemishes
It can even tighten your skin while improving overall tone and texture.
Please contact us, request an appointment online or call us at 310-276-6772 to schedule your visit to our premier med spa serving West Hollywood, Beverly Hills and all of Los Angeles. We will review all of your skin concerns and help you develop a custom action plan with beauty treatments tailored just for you.
The Motykie Med Spa Difference
- We are one of the few med spas in the country with access to the Pixel laser’s advanced and revolutionary technology.
- Our treatment staff are highly skilled in using fractional skin resurfacing to help many people reverse the signs of aging and blast away years of embarrassing skin damage.
- Our philosophy of proactive wellness means that your Pixel treatment can be part of a comprehensive health and beauty package.
- All of our treatments are overseen by Dr. Gary Motykie, a nationally recognized, board-certified plastic surgeon.
Is Pixel Right for You?
If you can answer “YES!” to any of these questions, Pixel skin rejuvenation may be able to improve your appearance.
- Does your skin seem lackluster and dull, making you look older than you really are?
- Have you noticed new wrinkles or fine lines on your face?
- Do you see age spots or blotches from tanning or spending time outdoors?
- Does the size of your pores make you feel self-conscious?
- When you look in the mirror, are you bothered by acne scaring?
- Do you have stretch marks on your abdomen, thighs or other areas?
Pixel Fast Facts
- Treatments can take 30 to 60 minutes.
- Most patients see improved skin tone after the first treatment.
- The average patient requires 2 to 5 appointments for best results depending on individual skin needs.
- Pixel is safe for virtually any area of the body, including the face, neck, chest, arms, and hands.
- Pixel can be used in conjunction with other lasers and medical aesthetic treatments.
Does It Hurt?
This is always one of the first questions we get asked about our treatments. Most of our patients have almost no discomfort during their Pixel laser treatment. A mild burning sensation may occur towards the end of treatment, which typically lasts no more than a few hours. Many of our patients say that the treated skin feels like a sunburn for a few days. It is important to follow all of the post treatment instructions we provide to maximize your comfort.
How Does It Work?
Pixel is technically known as a “fractional resurfacing” laser. It’s called fractional because it only targets a fraction of the skin in the treatment area, and then triggers your body’s own healing response to complete the rejuvenation process. Pixel laser light passes through patented optics to penetrate the skin with very small thermal channels, only as deep as a few sheets of paper. The micro-dots of treated skin begin healing and, as collagen remodels, your skin’s inner radiance begins to shine through.
The benefit of treating only a fraction of the skin is that it reduces downtime and helps you heal faster. The untreated skin surrounding the microscopic laser “hot spots” allows for more effective tissue healing and production of new collagen.
Within about a week of treatment, most of our patients see improvements in skin texture, tone, and discoloration. More significant improvements in fine lines and skin tightness can be revealed after several treatment sessions. The formation of new collagen and elastin continues after each treatment session. Continued improvements are usually seen for up to 3 months after the last treatment.
Other Treatments to Consider
If Pixel skin rejuvenation sounds appealing to you, you might also want to consider the following treatments in conjunction with or instead of Pixel: