Just because you are no longer a teenager, does not mean you are acne-free. There is a significant portion of adults, particularly women, who are plagued with acne well beyond the teenage years.
We offer three customized acne treatment alternatives to our patients, either as individual treatments, but more often as part of a treatment package for optimal results:
- Hydrafacial™ with Blue Light
- Visualize Chemical Peel
- Celluma LED Light Therapy
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie utilizes treatments that are especially designed to clear inflammatory acne lesions without drugs or undesirable side effects and are far less irritating to your skin. Until recently, patients with acne have been treated solely with topical creams and gels or sometimes with systemic antibiotics. These recourses take time to work and can have other side effects that cause discomfort to the patient. At Motykie Med Apa, we believe in customizing treatments that are aimed in not only healing, but also pampering your skin.
Please contact us or call us at 310-276-6772 to schedule your visit to our luxuriously appointed med spa serving West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica and all of Los Angeles. We will assess your skin concerns and arrange a personal beauty “action plan” with targeted treatments designed around your personal needs.
The Motykie Med Spa Difference
- We pride ourselves in offering various alternatives for acne treatment like the Visualize Chemical peel or Hydrafacial™ with Blue light therapy as an option for patients with more sensitive skin.
- Moytkie’s professional and courteous med spa staff members are highly trained and experienced in the latest treatments for acne, excessive oil production, enlarged pores, and hyperpigmentation left behind by acne lesions.
- We are committed to providing the best and most effective skin and acne treatments to our patients. We will customize a treatment plan to fit your needs in a comfortable, medically supervised premium medical spa.
- All of our procedures, including acne treatments, are supervised by medical director Dr. Gary Motykie, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a national reputation for excellence.
Is Acne Treatment For You?
If you answer “YES!” to any of these questions, then it may be time to consider adding one of our Acne Treatments to your acne-fighting regimen:
- Do you suffer from mild to moderate acne lesions even as an adult?
- Have you tried creams and gels that have caused over dryness of your skin?
- Have you had allergic reactions or adverse side effects to systemic antibiotics?
- Are you looking for targeted acne treatments that can be combined with or used as an alternative to pharmaceuticals?
Acne Treatment Fast Facts
- Because our facials and peels are designed to treat only the affected area, your session will be quick and convenient.
- Side effects are minimal and there are no systemic medications or allergic reactions to worry about.
- A series of treatments will be designed around your skin’s specific acneic needs and can usually be completed in a few weeks. These procedures can be combined to help with the speed and efficacy of the treatments so that you can have a clearer, more even skin tone without having to sacrifice a big chunk of your already busy lifestyle.
- Our Harmony XL IPL uses intense blue wavelengths in the range of 420-950 nm to target the porphyrins produced as part of the normal metabolism of acnes bacteria. The interaction of the intense light and the porphyrins creates singlet oxygen that rapidly destroys the bacteria without damaging the surrounding tissue.
- The Hydrafacial™ with Blue Light technology uses an ultraviolet blue light to help diminish acne bacteria while the Hydrafacial system nourishes and hydrates the skin at a cellular level, eliminating dirt and dead skin cells.
- The Visualize Chemical Peel helps exfoliate the top layers of the skin. This exfoliations signals the cells inside the skin to produce more rapidly, which can help hasten skin turnover and prevent pores from becoming clogged.
Does It Hurt?
We’re often asked about how much pain to expect with our customized acne treatments. Though each treatment is different, patients generally experience very little to no discomfort with Hydrafacial™ with Blue light treatments. With the Visualize Chemical Peel, some patients do note a slight burning and a tightening sensation following the treatment. Depending on the recommended treatment, your skincare specialist will give you detailed information on what you can expect during and after treatment. Keep in mind that we are committed to making your experience as comfortable and effective as possible.
Acne treatment results vary based on the severity of the condition and the treatment plan selected. You can expect to schedule a series of treatments over several weeks and may begin to see skin improvements after just one treatment. If treatments are coupled with extraction techniques, you can experience some redness and slight swelling immediately following the procedure. The chemical peel will also produce mild redness or itching followed by flaking in some cases. However, most of these side effects are mild and require minimal downtime and recovery.
Other Treatments to Consider
Our Acne Treatments can also be combined with other treatments we offer to provide more efficient results:
Motykie Skin Care Products