Just because you are no longer a teenager, does not mean you are not still battling acne. There is a significant portion of adults, particularly women, who are plagued with acne well beyond the teenage years. Laser technology is an effective alternative to daily pills and creams and can also be used in tandem with other procedures to offer more efficient results.
Until recently, patients with acne have been treated solely with topical creams and gels or sometimes with systemic antibiotics. These recourses take time to work and can have other side effects that cause discomfort to the patient. Our laser technology is designed to clear inflammatory acne lesions without drugs or undesirable side effects by triggering endogenic porphyrins in your body that naturally destroy acne bacteria without damaging the surrounding tissue.
Please contact us or call us at 310-276-6772 to schedule your visit to our luxuriously appointed med spa serving West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica and all of Los Angeles. We will assess your skin concerns and arrange a personal beauty “action plan” with targeted treatments designed around your personal needs.
The Motykie Med Spa Difference
- We are one of the select medical spas currently offering one of the newest, most advanced IPL phototherapy technologies from Alma Lasers: the Harmony XL AFT (Advanced Florescent Pulsed Light) photofacial treatment.
- Our Registered Nurses are trained in the use of IPL to effectively treat men and women with sun spots and other causes of uneven pigmentation.
- We believe in a proactive approach to whole-body wellness that means your intense pulsed light sessions are simply one component of a complete health and beauty package.
- All of our treatments, including IPL, are supervised by medical director Dr. Gary Motykie, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a national reputation for excellence.
Is Laser Acne Treatment For You?
If you answer “YES!” to any of these questions, then it may be time to consider adding Laser Acne Treatments to your acne-fighting regimen:
- Do you suffer from mild to moderate acne lesions even as an adult?
- Have you tried creams and gels that have caused over dryness of your skin?
- Have you had allergic reactions or adverse side effects to systemic antibiotics?
- Are you looking for quicker results than pharmaceuticals can provide?
Laser Acne Treatment Fast Facts
- Because only the affected area is treated, your session will be quick and convenient.
- Side effects are minimal and there are no systemic medications or allergic reactions to worry about.
- A series of 3-6 treatments scheduled every 1-2 weeks produce results three times faster than pharmaceuticals. In addition, quick treatment times won’t take up a huge chunk of your schedule.
- Intense blue wavelengths in the range of 420-950 nm target the porphyrins produced as part of the normal metabolism of P. acnes bacteria. The interaction of the intense light and the porphyrins creates singlet oxygen that rapidly destroys the bacteria without damaging the surrounding tissue.
Does It Hurt?
We’re often asked about how much pain to expect with our Laser Acne treatments. Fortunately, the treatment involves no patient discomfort. The acne treatments are safe and require no anesthetic or downtime.
Laser treatment for acne can offer welcome relief for patients who suffer from acne but seek a non-pharmacological alternative. Patients are usually able to see laser treatment results right away. Most patients achieve 80% acne clearance in just a few weeks!