Do you shudder to think how many hours of your life you’ve spent painfully and laboriously shaving, tweezing, waxing and trimming unwanted facial and body hair? What if we told you there was a pain-free, long-lasting hair removal system that will allow you to ditch the tweezers and razors? With laser hair removal (LHR) at Motykie Med Spa, cutting-edge medical laser technology offers a comfortable approach to removing unwanted hair for good, freeing you from the embarrassment of unwanted hair on nearly any part of your face or body.
Laser hair removal can safely and permanently remove hair from the:
- Face and Neck
- Bikini Line or Full Brazilian
- Arms and Legs
- Chest, Back and Shoulders
- Other areas as discussed with your treatment specialist
Our Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ treatment system uses IN-MOTION technology and low heat settings to provide an unprecedented level of safety and comfort while achieving superior LHR results.
Please contact us, request an appointment online or call us at 310-276-6772 to arrange your visit to our leading med spa serving West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica and all of Los Angeles. After discussing your skincare concerns and hair removal goals, we will develop a made-to-order beauty action plan with the best laser hair removal treatments tailored to your needs.
The Motykie Med Spa Difference
- Only a select few med spas in the country offer the Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ laser hair removal system by Alma Lasers, and we are one of them.
- Our Registered Nurses are skilled in achieving permanent hair removal results in a safe, comfortable environment.
- All of our treatments are directed by Dr. Gary Motykie. Dr. Motykie is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a national reputation for excellence.
Is Laser Hair Removal Right for You?
If these questions describe your struggle with unwanted hair, our Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ system may be the perfect laser hair removal technique for you:
- Are you frustrated by the pain, inconvenience and high price of repeated waxing, shaving, plucking and electrolysis?
- Do you want the safest possible permanent hair reduction system that still achieves beautiful results?
- Are you a woman embarrassed by unwanted facial or body hair or a man struggling with humiliating hair on your back or too-dense hair in other areas?
- Do you have a low tolerance for pain, making other laser hair removal approaches too uncomfortable for your sensitive skin?
Laser Hair Removal Fast Facts
- Treatments are quick and convenient, ranging from just minutes for small facial areas to up an hour for larger zones like the legs or back.
- 4 to 6 treatments are required for optimal results because LHR only targets hair in the anagen (active growth) stage. Approximately 20% of hair is treated with each treatment, so multiple sessions are required for each body area.
- Our LHR sessions require no downtime or recovery period, just like a facial or a haircut!
- Actively growing hairs that are treated with laser hair removal should not grow back. Some patients may require a touch-up treatment 1 to 2 years after their initial sessions because of natural hormonal changes that can change hair growth patterns.
Does It Hurt?
Our Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ system is very comfortable, especially when compared to other LHR technology. This is one of the few laser hair removal procedures that doesn’t require numbing cream, though our patients with especially sensitive skin or very low tolerance for discomfort may request a topical numbing cream for complete comfort.
How Does It Work?
Prior to your treatments, it’s important that you don’t wax, pluck or have electrolysis for 4 to 6 weeks. Our expert med spa staff will adjust the laser equipment to your specific hair color, target zone and hair thickness. After applying a cold gel to protect outer layers of the skin and help the laser penetrate safely, our Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ LHR device will use an intense, pulsating beam of laser light to target individual hair follicles, destroying them to inhibit future hair growth. Afterward, we will apply ice packs and anti-inflammatory ointments to ease any temporary discomfort or mild redness that may occur.
For a couple days following treatment, treated areas may look and feel slightly sunburned. Cold compresses and gentle moisturizers will ease any discomfort and help the skin to heal. Over the next month, treated hairs will fall out. Be sure to use quality sunscreen for the month after treatment (and just in general!) to prevent temporary changes in the color of treated skin. Usually, 4 to 6 sessions are required for maximum hair reduction in the treated areas.
Other Treatments to Consider
If laser hair removal appeals to you, check out these other procedures that may complement your whole-body beauty action plan:
“After menopause I noticed that I had more facial hair. It was on my chin and my upper lip. The terrible hairs were so thick I used my husband’s razor to get rid of them. Nothing else helped. After my Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ treatment my hair is gone and I feel so much better about my appearance.”
-Los Angeles, CA
“I paid $2,000 for a laser hair removal package two years ago. The pain was unbearable and I couldn’t take it. I walked away after the first treatment pretty much resigned that I’d always be hairy and out $2,000. I heard about the Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ treatment and decided to try it. The treatment was really comfortable and my provider treated me with kid gloves. I was able to complete my series of treatments and I’m ecstatic with the outcome. It really was pain-free and now I’m hair-free.”
“I started having problems with body hair while in junior high school. I tried everything from depilatory creams, waxing, electrolysis and other lasers. My Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ treatment was the only the only thing that worked. It gave me the smooth, hair free look I dreamed about for so many years. It’s changed my life.”
-West Hollywood, CA
“As I got older I grew more hair and spent more and more time shaving and waxing, sometimes twice a day. The Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ treatment changed everything and now I can go about my days like a normal person. Pain-Free, Hair-Free changed my life.”
“I love the outdoors and summer, but hated the thick hair on my arms and legs. It took so much time to get rid of it that I hid indoors or behind long sleeves and jeans. Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ restored my sense of adventure. I’m a believer!”
“I hated the hair on my back and top of my shoulders and my girlfriend was sick of shaving it. It was a lot easier than I thought to get it removed for good and the treatment was pretty cool. We’re both happy I did it.”
“I tried laser hair removal several years back and just couldn’t stand it. The intense, deep, burning pain made it impossible. After success with Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ I’ve decided to have additional body parts treated.”
-Las Vegas, NV