Kybella®: Effective, Non-Surgical Treatment for Un-Wanted Chin Fat
The double chin—it plagues many of us when we look in the mirror and see those tell-tale fatty deposits marring an otherwise aesthetically beautiful countenance. Whether a result of age, weight gain, or heredity, the dreaded double chin, or “submental fullness”, is nearly impossible to work off with diet and exercise, and typically requires a cosmetic procedure to remove. Surgical treatments to address submental fullness can involve risks, as well as requiring significant recovery and downtime. Kybella® treatments are an effective, minimally-invasive alternative to surgery, using the body’s own natural metabolic processes to eliminate un-wanted chin fat.
Kybella® treatments involve a series of injections under the chin, using a solution of deoxycholic acid—a naturally-occurring substance that breaks down and metabolizes fat cells. By injecting this substance directly into areas of un-wanted chin fat, it allows the fat cells to be broken down and cleansed by the body’s immune system, reducing the appearance of the double chin.
Please contact us, request an appointment online, or call us at 310-276-6772 to plan your visit to our premier med spa serving West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and all of Los Angeles. We will work with you to develop a personalized submental fullness treatment plan that will leave you looking and feeling sleek, trim, and confident!
The Motykie Med Spa Difference
- Our Med Spa offers innovative, effective treatments to patients with a variety of needs and aesthetic goals, and Kybella® treatments are no exception. Kybella® is the only non-surgical, injectable treatment for submental fullness that has been approved by the FDA.
- Our staff is skilled and experienced at designing the optimal treatment program to address your needs and provide the smooth, natural-looking effects that you’ve come to expect from our Med Spa.
- Because we are dedicated to inner wellness and self-confidence, you are assured that your Kybella® treatments will restore the sleek contours of youth to your submental region.
- Each of the treatments and procedures offered at our Med Spa have been carefully selected by Dr. Gary Motykie, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon known nationally for his extensive background in general health, nutrition, fitness, and alternative wellness methods to heal your skin and body from the inside out.
Are Kybella® Treatments Right For You?
If you answer “YES!” to any of these questions, Kybella® treatments for submental fullness may offer you the solution you’ve been looking for!
- Do you have areas of unwanted fat under your chin?
- Are you self-conscious about the appearance of a double or triple chin?
- Have you been frustrated by unsuccessful attempts to reduce submental fullness through diet and exercise?
- Are you concerned about the risks and recovery time involved in surgical procedures for submental fullness?
- Are you looking for a double chin solution that will make you look naturally youthful, with a sleek, aesthetically-pleasing profile?
Kybella® Fast Facts
- Kybella® treatments can be performed in the office using only topical or local anesthetic.
- You will receive a series of injections under the chin which involve minimal discomfort.
- This non-surgical technology involves very little down time, with most patients experiencing slight bruising during the first 48 hours following treatment.
- Results will be seen as the fat cells are broken down and absorbed through the body’s natural processes—approximately one month following treatment.
- Most patients require a series of treatments to achieve their aesthetic goals.
Does It Hurt?
Because the area is anesthetized during the Kybella® procedure, discomfort is minimal. Most patients can return to work or their regular activities within 48 hours!
How Does It Work?
Kybella® treatments are comprised of a series of injections which are carefully planned and delicately executed to provide a sleek and contoured result. Depending on your treatment plan and individual needs, a topical or local anesthetic will be used to mitigate any potential discomfort. The injected solution targets fat cells under the chin, breaking them down so that they can be naturally metabolized by the body’s immune system. As the fat cells are metabolized and removed, the chin volume is reduced—resulting in a youthfully contoured submental region.
In the first weeks following treatment, you will begin to feel a tightening sensation under the chin—this is the beginning of the body breaking down and removing unwanted fat cells. After approximately one month, the effects of treatment will become visible, with full results evident after approximately three months. Most patients will require a series of treatments in order to achieve their desired goals, and treatments can be spaced one month apart. The effects of Kybella® treatments are typically permane