Ever notice how a juicy red apple looks shiny, lustrous and enticing, while a fuzzy skin makes peaches look dull? The secret behind Dermaplaning skin resurfacing is using an extremely fine, surgical-grade blade to gently exfoliate the epidermis, removing fine vellus hair (“peach fuzz”) and dead skin cells to reveal a smooth, vibrant, red carpet ready complexion. Dermaplaning is a quick procedure that allows our skilled and experienced med spa staff to delicately abrade the skin’s surface, showing off your skin’s inner beauty.
Dermaplaning is perfect for:
- Deep exfoliation without harsh abrasives or peeling agents, making it perfect for pregnant women or those who prefer a non-chemical skin resurfacing technique
- Men and women with peach fuzz that creates a dull look due to buildup of dirt and oil
- Creating a smooth surface so anti-aging beauty products can penetrate more deeply and be more effective
- Preparing the skin for laser treatments and Chemical Peels
- Enhances the effects of your upcoming Facial Treatment or Resurfacing Infusion
Please contact us, request an appointment online or call us at 310-276-6772 to set up your visit to our luxurious med spa in West Hollywood, serving Beverly Hills, Santa Monica and all of Los Angeles. Together, we will discuss all of your skin issues and design a custom action plan with skin therapy treatments customized for your needs.
The Motykie Med Spa Difference
- We offer an array of facial treatment plans, of which Dermaplaning is just one option. Our expert skin technicians will work with you to bring out the best in your complexion.
- Our med spa staff is highly qualified to use Dermaplaning to improve the look of acne scars, fine lines and wrinkles and lackluster skin.
- We believe in proactive wellness, and Dermaplaning is the perfect complement to a more complete health and beauty package.
- All of our med spa services are designed and directed by Dr. Gary Motykie, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a national reputation for excellence.
Is Dermaplaning Right for You?
Should you find yourself saying “YES!” to any of the following questions, Dermaplaning may be the perfect facial treatment to improve the look of your skin:
- Do acne scars cause you embarrassment, leaving you looking for a safe and effective way to enjoy smoother skin?
- Do you notice a dry, aged complexion looking back at you when you look in the mirror?
- Does a buildup of dead skin cells make imperfections and fine lines look more pronounced than they actually are?
- Are you looking for a way to gently and effectively remove the top layer of your skin to reveal the smooth, undamaged face beneath?
Dermaplaning Fast Facts
- Dermaplaning is a perfect skin resurfacing technique for patients with especially rough or dry skin, hyperpigmentation problems such as melasma or sun spots, mild acne scars or fine facial lines and wrinkles.
- You may have heard an “old wives’ tale” about vellus hair removed during Dermaplaning growing back heavier and darker, but don’t believe the myth! Any hair removed will grow back at the same rate and with the same texture as it had previously.
- It’s important to be especially conscientious about sun exposure after your Dermaplaning session to avoid hyperpigmentation.
- Dermaplaning can be performed as often as every two weeks, but you will likely only require repeat treatments when you begin to see the regrowth of vellus hair (generally after about one month).
- Dermaplaning can be used in conjunction with other med spa treatments, helping powerful anti-aging products to penetrate more deeply.
Does It Hurt?
Dermaplaning is a quick and easy procedure resulting in almost no discomfort or down time. No recovery period is required, and your skin expert will apply a deeply hydrating moisturizer and sunscreen after your treatment in order to protect the skin so you can go about your day. It’s important to follow any special post-treatment instructions we provide in order to maximize your comfort and help you get the most from your Dermaplaning treatment.
How Does It Work?
Dermaplaning gently resurfaces the skin using a very fine, surgical-grade scalpel to delicately abrade the skin’s surface with light, feather-like strokes. Our skin experts are highly skilled in using this gentle technique to carefully remove dead surface skin cells for deep exfoliation. First, we will cleanse and dry your skin for maximum efficacy. Next, you’ll just relax and lie still as we use precision movements to reveal fresh, radiant skin.
After treatment, we will moisturize your skin for deep hydration and protect it with a professional-grade sunscreen. If you’re combining Dermaplaning with another procedure, we will prepare your skin for the next treatment, as your complexion will be perfectly primed for deep absorption of other products.
You should see a noticeable glow immediately after treatment as dead, dull layers of epidermal skin are removed. Without excess vellus hair trapping excess oil and skincare products, most patients see a marked improvement in the skin for a brightening, anti-aging effect. Repeat treatments will be necessary when you see your peach fuzz return, usually after approximately one month.
Other Treatments to Consider
If Dermaplaning sounds like it might suit your skincare needs, check out these other procedures for a more luminous complexion: